1. Purposes of data processing
PP LOGISTICS GROUP processes personal data primarily for the following purposes:
- Processing offers and enquiries to us, e.g. by (potential) transport partners, by persons who want to commission transports, deliveries, orders or the like or are otherwise looking for a collaboration
- Contract negotiations and offer/contract preparation
- Assessment of suitability as a contractual partner, e.g. credit checks on potential customers, suppliers, etc.
- Handling our contractual and business relationships, e.g. execution of transports (scheduling) and deliveries, fulfillment of inventory and leasing contracts, accounting, dunning, handling complaints and claims, quality management, processing our purchasing, optimisation of our services through the use of business applications (e.g. transport monitoring, portals, etc.).
- Customer relationship, i.e. sending information, newsletters, offers and advertising material, ongoing customer support, organising events etc.
- Provision and administration of insurance, handling of claims
- Fleet Management: Maintenance and servicing of our vehicles
- Product development
- Management of affiliated companies
- Operation of the IT infrastructure, e.g. ensuring the security, the current state of the technology, maintenance, etc.
- Provision of the websites: Improving and developing websites, creating usage statistics, identifying, preventing and investigating attacks on the websites, etc.
PP LOGISTICS GROUP receives personal data
- from yourself: e.g. in enquiries to us, in the initiation of contracts, in the context of fulfilling contracts concluded with us
- from affiliated companies within the PP LOGISTICS GROUP
- from third parties e.g. from transport partners or customers for order processing
- from publicly available sources, e.g. commercial register, land register, edict file, register of associations, trade register
- from your web browser (automatically) when visiting the PP LOGISTICS GROUP websites
The provision of your personal data is voluntary. However, business relationships with us will not be possible if the necessary personal data is not available to us. In the same way, we can't guarantee all the functions of our websites if you do not provide the necessary personal data.
2. Processed data categories
- Name data, e.g. first name, surname, username, etc.
- Personal data, e.g. age, gender, date of birth, nationality, role within the company, ID copies, etc.
- Contact data, e.g. address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.
- Identification data, e.g. personal ID card number, passport number, customer number, etc.
- Bank data, e.g. account number, information on creditworthiness, etc.
- Official data, e.g. reference number, tax number, attachment of salary, tenant pass
- Vehicle data, e.g. vehicle number, chassis number, engine number, registration plate, registration certificate, fuel card, forklift licence information, etc.
- Image files and video recordings
- IT usage data, e.g. connection data, logging information, access information, IP address, referrer, usernames for externally accessible systems, etc.
- Website usage data: date and time of request, IP address, name and version of the web browser, certain cookies, etc.
- Information on the behaviour of persons, e.g. notes on response behaviour and reminders, correspondence and explanations of ongoing surveys, etc.
- Racial/ethnic origin, e.g. birthplace on ID cards, etc.
- Location data, e.g. GPS data, time stamp for GPS signal, location data (latitude and longitude), etc.
3. Legal basis of processing
Legal bases for our processing of your data are:
- Contract fulfillment and implementation of pre-contractual measures (Article 6 Paragraph 1 (b) GDPR), e.g. when we organise the smooth processing of transports and deliveries, process complaints and damage reports, create invoices, operate quality management, prepare offers, process and respond to your enquiries, etc.
- Our overriding legitimate interest (Article 6 Paragraph 1 (f) GDPR), e.g. when we provide you with tailored information and offers, unless consent is required: our data processing in the context of prosecution, forwarding driver data, if this is necessary for the handling of the transport and there is no direct contact with the driver, processing of data that is necessary for the functions of our websites, etc.
- Legal obligations (Article 6 Paragraph 1 (c) GDPR) e.g. tax obligations, obligations according to road traffic regulations, motor vehicles act, administrative penal law, administrative procedure act, money laundering regulations, etc.
- As far as none of the aforementioned legal bases exist, our data processing is based on your consent in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 (a) GDPR. You, of course, have the right to revoke your consent at any time. However, the revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing carried out on the basis of consent until the revocation (i.e. the revocation does not affect the past).
4. Forwarding of your personal data
For the aforementioned reasons, the PP LOGISTICS GROUP may forward your personal data to the following recipients:
- Companies that are part of our group as well as their employees
- Third parties employed by us, e.g. IT service providers, print service providers, data centres, hosting, software and service providers e.g. for sending newsletters, service providers in the area of claims settlement and loss adjustment (insurances and insurance partners), property management, lawyers, tax advisers, notaries, auditors, etc.
- Persons in a business relationship with us, e.g. transport partners, suppliers, trade partners, etc.
- Public bodies, e.g. customs offices, Federal Ministry of the Interior, embassies, district authorities, etc.
In some cases, data is also forwarded to recipients outside Austria and, in exceptional cases, to non-secure third countries. In this case, however, we ensure that suitable privacy safeguards are in place, e.g. through binding intra-corporate data protection regulations or EU standard data protection clauses.
5. Storage period
Your personal data will only be stored by PP LOGISTICS GROUP for as long as is reasonably necessary to achieve the aforementioned purposes. We also store your personal data for as long as there are statutory retention obligations or limitation periods for potential legal claims have not yet expired.
6. Your rights relating to personal data
You are entitled (subject to applicable law), among other things, (i) to verify whether and what personal data the PP LOGISTICS GROUP have stored about you and to receive copies of this data, (ii) to request the rectification, amendment or deletion of your personal data that is incorrectly or improperly processed, (iii) to request us to limit the processing of your personal data and (iv) to object to the processing of your personal data or revoke the previously given consent for the processing in certain circumstances, (v) to request data portability, (vi) to know the identity of third parties to whom your personal data has been forwarded and (vii) to lodge a complaint with the relevant authority.
Most of the cookies on our websites are so-called session or temporary cookies. They are automatically deleted when you leave the website. In addition, PP LOGISTICS GROUP uses persistent cookies, which remain stored on the hard drive. However, these can be manually deleted in your browser. Otherwise, these cookies last between 1 month and 10 years. PP LOGISTICS GROUP uses these persistent cookies to recognise you when you next visit our website in order to make the website more comfortable for you to use and to adapt the website to your requirements in the best possible way.
Cookies do not contain personal data. Only pseydonymous data is collected under a user ID, e.g. which pages the user has viewed, which content he searched for etc. PP LOGISTICS GROUP never merges pseudonymous data with the personal data of the user.
You can actively consent to the storage of cookies when visiting our websites. You also have the option to enable or disable the storage of only certain types of cookies. If you want to adjust your cookie settings at a later date, you can do so at any time.
You can also control cookies on your computer by selecting your browser settings to get a notification when a website wants to store cookies. You can also block or delete cookies if they are already stored on your computer.
However, disabling, blocking or deleting cookies may affect your online experience and prevent you from fully using our websites.
8. Google Analytics
Our websites use the option offered by Google Analytics for IP anonymisation. This means that the IP address of the user is still being shortened by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the PP LOGISTICS GROUP, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports about website activity and provide other services relating to website and internet usage to the PP LOGISTICS GROUP. The IP address provided by the user's browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with any other Google data.
You can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and relating to use of the website (including your IP address) to Google, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en